In German, "Liebster" means
"sweetest, kindest, nicest,
dearest, beloved, lovely, kind,
pleasant, valued, cute,
endearing & welcome"
Isn't that neat??
So I'm taking a one-day break from our month-long vision quest to celebrate!
I was nominated by Monick Halm, The Checklist Mom, who was nominated, herself. The Liebster Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. In order to qualify, you have to have a blog less than 2 years old and have fewer than 1000 followers.
It's a beautiful honor and I am thrilled to receive it!! Thank you so much, Monick!
It's a great way for bloggers to get to know one another. Each nominated blogger has to answer a series of questions about herself and then, in turn, has to nominate other bloggers. She also has to do the following...
- Write a blog post about your nomination, displaying an image of the award.
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the person who nominated you asked you in his/her blog post.
- Nominate 5-11 other new bloggers who you think deserve this award, and come up with 11 questions of your own for them to answer.
- List these rules in your blog post for the next nominees
Here are Monick's questions for me...
(1) What gets you out of bed each day?...The work I do. It's hard to keep myself away from the blog, the website, the work. I wake up before my son does & since we homeschool, I treasure that time to work uninterrupted.
(2) If an alien landed on earth, what would your top tip ‘for living here’ be?...To remember who they are, to hang on to the wisdom they brought with them & to speak their truth even if that makes them stand out as different.
(3) What is your ‘happy song’?... It changes. Most recently, it's been the theme song for The Garry Shandling Show
(4) Do you have a special place real or imagined?...I am very drawn to water. Rivers, beaches.
(5) What childhood fable, fairy tale or movie stretched your imagination and sticks with you today?... Cinderella, but I didn't want to be her, I wanted to be the fairy godmother. Still do!
(6) What is your favorite type of movie?... Romantic comedies
(7) What is your idea of a perfect evening?... A yummy dinner, a great movie & a really good novel to read during the commercials
(8) What’s your favorite post that you have written?... I think it's the ritual I designed for healing the past.
(9) What is one thing that you’ve always wanted to do but haven’t yet?... Write a romance novel.
(10) If you could visit anywhere in the world where would it be?...Italy. It seems so beautiful!
(11) As a kid, what did you want to be when you grow up?... A "singer, actress, dancer" & a self-help writer. I made the second one come true!
My Blogger Nominees
My 5 Nominees are...
(1) JoyceAnn Nordell from Ginger Phoenix Reiki
(2) Manda Northern from Blogging Freedom
(3) Alice Gerard from Alice's Grand Adventures
(4) Laura Williams from Awareness Energetics
(5) Andrew Barker from Andrew's Angel Readings
(I may have cheated a wee bit! It was awfully hard to find bloggers who fit both categories but I tried my best.)
My Questions for Them...
(1) What's your story?
(2) What's your favorite time of year and why?
(3) If you had a theme song, what would it be?
(4) What's your favorite movie of all time?
(5) If you could choose to wake up inside a fairy tale which one would it be & why?
(6) In that fairy tale, what would you change, if anything?
(7) What makes the holiday season special for you?
(8) What's something your blog readers might be surprised to know about you?
(9) What TV show do you wish they'd bring back on the air?
(10) If I handed you a magic wand, what's the first thing you'd do or change?
(11) What do you love most about your blog?
Looking forward to reading their answers!